Thank you for your feedback

Adding travel expenses

Here's how to input different travel expenses in Crunch, however, for general advice on what you can claim for, click here

Public Transport:

Journeys by train, bus, or taxi should be recorded under the expense type 'Travel and Subsistence > Public Transport and Taxis':

Motor Expenses:

If the vehicle is owned personally, you can claim the fixed mileage allowance

If the vehicle is owned by the company, you can claim the fuel/petrol

You can also claim for parking and congestion charges under expense type 'Travel and Subsistence > Parking and Tolls', but you can't claim for parking or speeding fines:


You can only claim the fixed mileage allowance of 20p per mile if you own the bike personally, and the journey is purely for business. 

If the bicycle is company-owned, you can't make a claim

Our general advice is not to own the bike personally - you can read our advice in full in our How do I record my bicycle as an expense through my Crunch account?” article.

Overseas travel:

If you’re travelling abroad by public transport, you can record this journey using the expense type of ‘Travel and Subsistence > Overseas Travel’:

If you’re using a personally-owned car abroad, the mileage can be claimed as normal.

Last Updated: 04 Dec 2019 04:07PM GMT
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found