Thank you for your feedback

Adding travel expenses

Here's how to input different travel expenses in the Crunch App. For general advice on what you can claim for, click here.

Public Transport

Journeys by train, bus, taxi or plane should be recorded in Crunch under the expense type 'Travel and Subsistence' > 'Public Transport and Taxis'.


Motor Vehicles

If the vehicle is owned personally you can claim the fixed mileage allowance. If the vehicle is owned by the company you can claim for the fuel/petrol. See here for our advice on personally-owned vs company-owned vehicles.

You can also claim for parking and the congestion charges under expense type 'Travel and Subsistence' > 'Parking', but generally you may not claim for parking fines or speeding fines.



You can only claim for the fixed mileage allowance of 20p per mile if you own the bike personally and the journey is purely for business. If the bicycle is company owned you can't claim. Our general advice is not to own the bike personally - see why here.


Overseas travel

If travelling abroad by public transport, record in Crunch under expense type Travel and Subsistence> Overseas Travel.

If using a personally-owned car abroad, claim the mileage as normal.


See the full list of expenses that can be claimed 

Last Updated: 14 Sep 2015 11:23AM BST
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found