Invoice Importer allows you to use a .csv file to easily add multiple invoices to Crunch at once.
How does it work?
- Navigate to https://labs.crunch.co.uk/invoice-import/start. Enter your details and click ‘Authorise’. On the next screen, check ‘Yes’ and click ‘Submit’ to connect Invoice Importer with your Crunch account.
- Before you upload your .csv file you'll need to make sure that it's laid out like the example below. The column headers must be included. You can download a template here or at the bottom of the screen.
|03/12/2014||Crunch||December invoice||150||Yes||18/12/2014||HSBC personal|
|07/12/2014||The Corner Café||December invoice||320||Yes||22/12/2014||Credit card|
|09/12/2014||Occam Media||December invoice||250||Yes||24/12/2014||Credit card|
|14/12/2014||Brighton MOTs||December invoice||400||Yes||30/12/2014||HSBC personal|
Dates - must be entered in British format dd/mm/yyyy
Payment date - If left blank this will record the invoice without a client payment
Client - The name needs to match exactly, if not it wont be imported. If it's a new client please create it in crunch first.
Invoice total - Must only contain numbers and '.'
Bank account/Director - Must match one of the payment methods listed on your Banking dashboard in the main Crunch App, or be left blank. The main screen of the Invoice Importer App will display the options you have automatically.
Includes VAT? - If the invoice includes VAT please put a "yes" in this column, otherwise put a "no". If it does include VAT make sure the total is the full amount inclusive of VAT.
Example of VAT Added - YES
You have raised an invoice to your client for a total of £1,000.00. This is actually broken down into a NET amount of £833.33 and a VAT amount of £166.67
Example of VAT Added - NO
You have raised an invoice to your client who resides in the United States where VAT cannot be charged, for £1,000.00. This will be raised as £1,000.00 total with £0.00 for VAT and the VAT will be marked as ‘outside the scope’
If you have any questions about this, we would advise contacting us on email@example.com
If your .csv file is not formatted correctly then the upload will not be successful
Crunch may reject some of your invoices due to data problems, so limit the number of items you upload at one time
- You cannot upload invoices in a foreign currency at this time
3. If your upload is successful, you'll be taken to a screen that looks like this. Your imported invoices will look something like this:
You'll need to select an option from the 'What is this?' drop down menu for each column, and then press 'Continue'. This has been filled in correctly above. Any extra data can be headed as “ignore”.
4. The import will take around 2 seconds per entry, so be patient if you have a lot of entries to upload.
A warning will appear If any bank accounts on your upload do not match a bank listed on the main Crunch App. Invoice Importer will not create new bank accounts, so you must make sure the accounts are added to Crunch before uploading.
If any errors are found, you will be given detailed instructions on what to do next. If the upload is successful, you will see this screen: