Providing that the payments add up to the total value of the statement entry, you can combine two or more payments against one statement entry, enabling you to match the new 'merged' payment with the statement entry and then reconcile.
- Select the 'Combine payments' link above the payments list. The list of payments will update to show tick boxes next to all payments.
- Select the payments you want to combine by clicking on the checkbox for those payments
- When the total selected matches the total on the statement entry and you have more than one payment selected, the combine button will enable. Click this to combine the selected payments against one single statement entry.
- Once you have reconciled the payments will show the word 'combined' next to them in their respective lists.
- If you want to see a list of payments which have been combined after reconciling select 'reconciled statement entries' from the banking dashboard and you will see a number next to the statement entries which have multiple payments against them. Select this number and the payment details will drop down on that screen.