Thank you for your feedback

Motor vehicle expenses (Expense Type)

If you are looking for how to record the purchase of the motor vehicle itself, please see here.

Motor vehicle expenses other than mileage can only be claimed if the vehicle is a company vehicle and is not owned personally (see our advice on whether to bring a vehicle into company ownership here).

If the car is owned by the company, normal expenses (such as maintenance, running costs, and car insurance) are tax-deductible.

Where expenses have been incurred that were unnecessary, for example, having alloy wheels fitted for aesthetic reasons, then this is not claimable. These ‘unnecessary’ expenses would be deemed as a benefit in kind for the employee.

For a car

Record in Crunch as Motor Expenses> Motor Vehicle Running Costs

For a van

Record in Crunch as Motor Expenses> Company Van Running Costs

For a motorcycle

Record in Crunch as Motor Expenses> Company Motorcycle Running Costs 

See the full list of expenses that can be claimed

Last Updated: 14 Sep 2015 11:06AM BST
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found