Thank you for your feedback

VAT MOSS - What you need to do

If you have to add EU VAT to any of your sales invoices, you’ll need to pay this via the MOSS VAT return. The VAT MOSS scheme accounts for the VAT on all of your cross-border digital service supplies in EU member states where you don’t have established business premises. For a more detailed explanation, see our change of rules for digital service suppliers article.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to file these extra returns for you.

To use the VAT MOSS scheme you need to make sure that you’re registered for UK VAT. If so, you can register for the Union VAT MOSS scheme by using HMRC Online Services.  You’ll need to log in with your Government Gateway User ID and the password you used to register for UK VAT with, which is the same one you use to submit your UK VAT Return.

What you need to do in your Crunch Account

You need to raise the full gross invoice, which is Out of the Scope of VAT. Then you must allocate the full payment to the invoice as normal. Contact your client manager and tell them what rate of EU VAT we need to apply to each invoice for that given VAT MOSS quarter. Finally, you’ll need to supply us with a list of your invoices via a spreadsheet.

VAT MOSS payment is recorded as a normal VAT payment, but it is not linked to any UK VAT return.

Please remember: If you are UK VAT registered, because of VAT MOSS, your expenses should be outside the scope of VAT. This is because you can't reclaim VAT unless it relates directly to EU digital sales.

Last Updated: 12 Sep 2017 09:04AM BST
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found