Thank you for your feedback

How do I record software purchases?

Our Advice: Before recording the purchase as an expense you need to distinguish between whether the software is an outright purchase, or if you are just buying a license.

Software licenses where the cost may be ongoing should be Recorded in Crunch as expense type General Administrative Expenses> Computer Consumables.

Any software bought outright for life which amounts to more than £100 should be recorded in Crunch as expense type Fixed Assets> Equipment Cost

For all software totaling less than £100 it will need to be recorded in Crunch under General Administrative Expenses> Computer Consumables.


See the full list of expenses that can be claimed

Last Updated: 14 Sep 2015 10:15AM BST
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found